Skip to main content

I'm a permanent resident or New Zealand citizen who is currently enrolled in a Commonwealth Supported Place (CSP). What do the proposed changes to CSP mean for me?

Published 15/06/2017 12.09 PM   |    Updated 08/02/2018 09.32 AM

From 1 January 2018, subsidies for Australian permanent residents and New Zealand (NZ) citizens enrolling in a Commonwealth Supported Place (CSP) are proposed to be withdrawn, making them fee paying students. If you are a permanent resident or a New Zealand citizen, you will be able to continue your course in a CSP and continue to pay your student contribution amount upfront. However from 1 January 2018, under the proposed changes, if you transfer to another education provider and/or change your course of study, you will lose your CSP. You would instead be enrolled in a fee paying place for your new course or with your new provider and you would be eligible for a FEE-HELP load to defer your tuition fees.



Was this answer helpful?
Please tell us how we can make this answer more useful.
Didn't quite answer your question? Click here to ask us your question

What's your next question?


Advanced Search

Screen Reader users press Enter to Limit by product.  Limit by product

Search Tips