Skip to main content

I have school aged dependants. How can I provide the schooling documents required for my dependant visa? How can I enrol my children into school once my dependents arrive? What are the costs and conditions?

Published 25/05/2017 11.26 AM   |    Updated 08/02/2018 09.47 AM

In Western Australia (WA), dependants of international students may be enrolled in either approved government (public) or non-government (private) schools registered by the Commonwealth Register of Institutions and Courses for Overseas Students (CRICOS). 

A visa for a dependant must be obtained through the Department of Immigration and Border Protection (DIBP) or a representative.  

Both public and private schools require the payment of fees.  Public school fees vary for dependants of pathways students, undergraduate students, postgraduate students and for some scholarship students.  It is important to understand these costs BEFORE your dependents arrive in Australia

Refer to the Dependent Schooling Information Sheet for more information regarding:

  • dependant visas and obtaining a Confirmation of Placement (CoP) document for visa purposes
  • school fees
  • enrolment process
  • school ages in Australia
  • list of schools
  • contact at Curtin for assistance.


Was this answer helpful?
Please tell us how we can make this answer more useful.
Didn't quite answer your question? Click here to ask us your question

What's your next question?


Advanced Search

Screen Reader users press Enter to Limit by product.  Limit by product

Search Tips